Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Practice of Releasing the Day's Stress with Paper Collage

Inspired by THIS post by #mkranthony, I began a practice of creating small paper collages to help release the day's stress after a long day of teaching. 

I chose to use a pocket-sized Decomposition Book which has thicker paper to hold the bulky elements.

I'm learning to follow my intuition when pulling out the scraps, letting go of the need for it to "all make sense", sometimes adding found items from the day such as stickers, garment tags, or wine bottle closures.  And there is added benefit of finding a use for all those small scraps of paper, lace, and ribbon I have accumulated.



This collage was inspired by a quote in Everyday Positive Thinking by Louise L Hay:
"When life presents more challenges than you can handle, delegate to God.  He not only has the answer, He is the answer. ~ Tavis Smiley.

 What practice do you have in place to help release the day's stress?  I would love for you to share what works for you.

3 comments:

  1. Love your collages. I have a mini collage book as well - and use it a couple of times a week to make collages. Easy, fun and not stressful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! You are an inspiration!
    I love journaling and I am finding that this helps to keep my hands and my mind busy...and boy, do I have an imagination :)
    I love the smaller journal, too.
    Your pages are fantastic...I am so into mixing it up when collages are on the menu!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and creative collage work and 'how to' explanations ~ thanks!

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.