Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Look quick! It's a clean work desk!


Last week I was unable to post as our router decided to “go on strike” so we had no internet for 2 days.  Ordinarily that would have been okay except we were in the middle of another winter storm and I was home from school for those 2 days.  So… I took the opportunity to clean & organize my workstation!  And it is still clean, even after a weekend of creating.  The ORBit Relaxation Lamp is one of my favorite finds. If you click on it you can see the photo I took of its many color changes.  I discovered a new glue for paper, BEACON Zip Dry.  If you are a messy gluer like me, you can wipe away the extra glue while it is still wet and it leaves not trace.  LOVE IT!
The Inspector.
This is Kiri, my son't cat who rarely makes an appearance in my office.  I guess she felt I needed supervising as the other 2 cats were off napping.

The pages on the work desk belong in a swap partner’s journal themed “color”.  My original plan was to do a spread in purple but the Jackson & Perkins catalog arrived in the mail and I couldn't resist the vibrant colored roses.  
 
I included a photo I had taken of my favorite rose, Tahiti Sunset.
I am participating in several color swaps; Color association ATC and Rainbow of Colours –Flowers ATC.  I decided to approach these series by creating the ATC’s following the same pattern, something I had not done before.  I color in parts of the flourishes to add some color to the base and I vary the flower stamp with each change of color.  You can see the creative process and previous colors HERE
 
Green Flower Flourish
Orange Flower Flourish
This is an ongoing series of altered playing cards.


I created this spread in a deco themed “mail”.  In the small envie is a folded letter introducing myself.


I created these for a quote series swap.  My partners favorite things were diet coke and country music.

Lacking this week, as in the last, is any of my own journal work.  I am working on cutting back on the swaps I participate in so I have more time for my work, which I seemed to have shelved lately. 

Sharing in the fun at peeking in on others creator’s work desks at What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Diane
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, love your altered playing cards, what a great idea.
    Dawn #41

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your little Irish cards!!! :)
    45. Morag @ paper rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful atc's. love the colors. Your altered playing cards are really cool, too.
    Makes me want to do that myself.
    Here from WOYWDW #68.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the colour in your work. Anne x #44

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been very busy. What a lovely varied collection of creations you have made. Anyone who is swapping with you will be thrilled to receive one of these lovelies. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#95)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on keeping it clean after all those projects. I could not say that same if it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane - lots of lovely project work going on on your desk this week, gorgeous roses - flowers are always a favourite of mine, in the card or on paper. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#38

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I came via WOYWW.... I am just starting this and having fun! Love your desk area and your blog!
    The playing cards are way cute!
    Thanks for sharing!
    hugs, kimmer #102 (currently last but not least.). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your mail letter/envelope! That is such a great idea!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly admire all the fun creativity you explore in art-journalling. Colour is so good to work with. Enjoyed your post and thanks for visiting my blog Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I listen to music when i craft... and oh, oh, can I have that orbit relaxation lamp??? LOL
    Happy WOYWW... Love your desk full of craftyness. See you next week.
    hugs,
    Kimmer #91... last , but not least AGAIN.. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.