I thought this Maxine-ism would be the perfect way to celebrate today!
Friday, February 14, 2014
Roses, carnations, chocolates, or balloons…what kind of Valentine are you?
1. I found valentines awaiting my arrival at the coffee pot this morning.
2. More snow today (insert sad face here).
3. To get myself in the mood for Valentine’s Day, I visited a couple shops on my way home from work last night. It wasn't love that I felt in the air, more like stress to pick out that perfect gift. I watched one gentleman circle the cards with what looked like jittery apprehension. I guess he decided to skip that altogether as he headed towards the flowers after only scanning over the cards. He first picked out a dozen yellow roses (joy, friendship, “I care”), put those back, tentatively looked at some mixed bouquets (missing you), returned to the roses, then looked up and caught me spying on him. I don’t think my look of amusement with the addition of having my camera out helped his indecisiveness. I wanted to suggest a mixed bouquet of roses (you mean everything to me) but decided an apologetic smile and walking away was a better move.
4. It was a balmy 31° yesterday but I couldn't believe it when I saw a guy on this ride past me into a store parking lot. I tried to catch up so I could snap a shot of him on the bike but he had already disappeared into the store by the time I found where he parked. With ~3+ feet of snow still on the ground, I thought him to be overly zealous.
5. With March madness on every basketball enthusiast's mind these days, college sports wear is taking over the coveted entryway of most stores. Being the U of M girl that I am, I couldn't resist taking a snapshot of this t-shirt.
*Follow up: First there was 1, then there were 2, now there are none…the dryer ball saga continues.
So, what do you prefer getting for Valentine’s Day? I enjoy flowers, especially this time of year when a touch of color and the deep inhale of their fragrance brings me out of the depths of this gloomy, midwinter funk. But, I really enjoy it when the hubby cooks for me. Mind you, this has happened only a handful of times so I am not hopeful. Guess I'll follow Maxine's lead and devour some chocolate.
Thank you for stopping and I wish for you a Happy Valentine’s Day!