Do you have any suggestions as to how to re-purpose these? I would love some ideas! Creativity is simply not my strong suit. Have a lovely week, stay warm, and allow your creativity flow.
Friday, February 7, 2014
A week of interesting finds.
The bitter cold, blowing snow, and treacherous driving are all taking a toll. I notice my students are acting out more; angry out bursts with a noticeable decline in attention span does not lend itself to a good learning environment. Today I am enjoying an unexpected gift; the wind chill keeping us all home yet again. I’ll worry about the logistics of making up the time another day. For now, allow me to share my 5 Random Finds:
1. A sign of spring! I long to smell my roses but in the meantime I am drooling over the luscious photos in this Jackson & Perkins catalog that arrived this week.
2. I came home to a quiet house. Quiet when there are pets in residence means, you guessed it, trouble! I walked into the bedroom to find this:
3. The sun streaming in the window invites a lovely afternoon nap amongst friends.
4. Last night the unthinkable happened; the dishwasher died! I told my husband to put a note on it so the teenager wouldn’t use it. When I woke up this morning I noticed the note. I almost spilled my coffee laughing!
5. Old finds. Discovered these in a giveaway box in the copy room. The instruction manual states, “This test battery is designed to test the visual abilities of children between ages 3 and 6.” They are made of a thick, wood-like board. I am not sure what I will do with them, perhaps an old photo journal of some sort.
My husband went wild over this film box; he was a bit disappointed the film was missing. The cards fit inside the box so I am contemplating putting them together somehow.