Friday, December 20, 2013
Celebrating unexpected surprises.
I love seeing the full moon hang in the sky behind the shadows of tree branches. There is just something mystical about that sight that draws me in every time.
I was awe-stuck by this wonderfully unusual sunset as I was leaving the grocery store parking lot. I have never witnessed that vibrant shade of pink before. And I wasn't the only one. I discovered several other shoppers getting out of their cars snapping photos.
I stumbled upon this tree while I was in a not-so-pleasant mood. Normally I would look at it and wonder, "Why would ANYONE want a purple Christmas tree?" But on this day, a day when I truly needed a laugh, the angles put this little tree in my path. And I did laugh. The stress, the concerns of the day, they melted away as I laughed at this little purple tree. Thank you angels!
Here are my randoms for the week:
· I do miss it when I don’t get to my morning reading ritual. The day seems to flow so much better when I do it.
· I can plan all I want, but if the Christmas spirit is not there, it’s just not.
· I notice Allistair always seems to sit smack in the middle of the magazine I’m reading, the art I’m working on, the journal I’m writing in…
· Creating journals for others makes me happy.
· I enjoy linking up with other bloggers; sharing my stories and reading about theirs. That feeling of community helps fill in for the lack of respect and unity I no long receive from teaching.