Friday, October 20, 2017

Get up. Get Dressed. Paint.:Lacking inspiration

What do you do when you face the journal page with no inspiration?  Some artists say the simple act of spreading paint ignites their inspiration.  Alas, this has never worked for me. This morning, after staring at this page then rummaging through supplies I was still uninspired.  It's my one morning I get to spend painting and I was determined paint!  I opened Pinterest to my Inspiring Art Journal Pages board and selected THIS bold and beautiful flower page by Marika Lemay.  

White card stock stamped with hand drawn flower and leaves.
Some artists say this isn't being creative but I beg to differ.  Having a vision of the finished page ignites my creativity and I can see how I want to create it. The color palette changes when I grab the paints that speak to me.  And as the page progresses I instinctively reach for stamps and stencils, adding my marks and scribbles until I feel the page is done.

The aftermath.

The Finished Page





What is your preferred method of getting inspired when inspiration leaves you staring at the blank page?  I would love to read what spurs your muse out of hiding.

Joining in at Paint Party Friday. What color paint is on your fingers?


14 comments:

  1. a gorgeous designed journal page, the colors are so pretty and a fantastic idea with the the petals and words!
    Happy PPF and weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal page turned out so well, love the colours, and this is certainly a great way of being creative! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to read what spurs artists' muses out of hiding. I love to read so I go off on reading binges. Then something we do in the watercolor class will inspire me to keep on painting after I get home. Not always. Just sometimes. I think what you did worked for you. Your journal page is so beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, cheerful page! Love the strong colours. I think that whatever works for you is the right way to do it. I have been drawing every day now for the last three weeks for Inktober. I was afraid that I wouldn't know what to draw on most days, so I made a little list of subject in the back of the sketchbook to get back to if I needed an idea. I find that one idea leads to the next, and if I really can't think of anything one evening, I just draw something that's lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vibrant colors of your journal spread! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv your happy Colours
    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a lot of people get inspired this way. I know I do. Nothing wrong with that! I love the happy, bright colours you used. Makes me happy to look at it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images that came out of artist block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful journal artwork! So bright and cheerful! Love the big bold flower! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gorgeous colours you used! I change from manual painting to digital using squiggles to start the find shapes. Often I have to wait for creative urges to hit. Meantime I do something completely different. I think always comes back eventually!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspiration is different for everyone. I love what you did here. Looks warm and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I love readying your story! I am glad that art has become a part of your life.
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love your interpretation! --Chandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.