Thursday, October 1, 2015

Get up. Get Dressed. Paint.

A fun easy page this morning!  Having painted all her recent 15 Minutes of Mixed Media pages I am going back to Rae Missigman's earlier videos: 15 minutes of mixed media - love what you do.

I enjoyed this page because I used one of my leftover paint deli paper prints for the hearts.  I used my much neglected paint pens and words from the Seize the Day desk calendar.


The carnage

What I learned

  • It doesn't matter how careful I am, when using the Dylusion's spray ink the ink gets everywhere!

What I’m wondering

·         Are the Golden Heavy Body Fluorescent Acrylic paints that much better than the AMERICAN Neons Fluorescent paints?  I notice when she paints with the Golden paint there seems to be more color yet it remains translucent. It is worth investing in the Fluorescent Golden paints? 

·         What is the difference between the various UHU Stics ( besides the blue going on blue)?  And are they worth investing in?  I use Scotch Craft Stick because that is what available in the nearby stores and I use coupons or my teacher’s discount card to purchase them. I notice when I paint over paper that I glued the edges will lift.  Do the UHU Stics do this too?

I wanted to share a page from my Texture art journal.  You can read about my creation process HERE.

Joining Paint Party Friday where having paint under the fingernails is the norm.  What colors are under yours?

5 comments:

  1. Your art journal pages are wonderful, love the colours and textures. I don't have any of the paints you use, I mostly use the cheap ones from the discounter, but do have a few deco art paints that I got gifted. I also always take the cheapest glue-sticks, they all seem to work the same! Happy PPf, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you keep doing these exercises! Your page is lovely. On the Golden paints- in my opinion they are definitely better- meaning more intense color and their transparency is buildable to a more opaque color. As with all products it really boils down to a matter of preference ! As far as the UHU - I love it and use it singularly. I am generous around the edges and have no lifting and I even live in a very humid climate. I would make sure to not apply paint other mediums over the top of it until fully dry too. While these are products I use on a daily basis each artist is different. Unfortunately there is no better test than playing around with them. I hope this helps! Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful pages. Lots of colors, textures and meaning.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages... I love Fluorescents and usually buy what I can get because they seemed to get snapped up fast! I do love the Amsterdam brand for the pink and orange..I also have the pink one in the system three like you have there. I always find the yellows are weird in all brands...quite thin...some smell odd too! On occasion I have bought the golden brand but I don't think they are heavy body ones... I really like the variety in the Amsterdam brand their standard series...and it's a bit more reasonable. I use Aleenes glue in the brown bottle rather than sticks!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.