Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mugshot Monday & Glue it Tuesday



I am late in posting for a wonderful reason; I interviewed for a temporary position teaching Chemistry and Micro Biology and was given the position yesterday.  I started today and it was a whirlwind of a day!


I love my mugshot this week because this is a new mug I found at Michael’s Crafts.  When I happened upon the adorable bird with the beautiful turquoise handle I knew it would be the perfect fall mug.  My favorite art supplies are my Sakura Gelly Roll pens. I have multiple sets but I tend to use the Metallic and the Stardust sets the most.  I like to use them to color in the rubber stamps on envelopes and in my art journals. 



I have been working on several projects for Swap-bot.  I created this pocket journal from a mini composition book for a One Sentence Journal for the month of September.  I put it together in one afternoon by adding information about each of the days in the month.  To fill it I must write one sentence about my day for each day until the end of the month.  When completed I send it off to my partner who gets to keep it.  I will then receive one from someone else.

These were created for a Color Association ATC’s – Blue swap.  Each month a different color is assigned for this swap.

  

I created these for a different ATC swap.  I am especially fond of how the bird ATC’s came out.



I created this page for a Pocketsize Journal/Sketchbook Swap. I am the third person of 20 who will work in her journal.  Here I blogged about the one I created for this swap.  I have no idea where it is at but I look forward to getting a beautifully filled journal back in 12 months. 


I am halfway done with another journal I am creating for a different swap.  We are to choose a theme for our journal, fill half of it then send it to our partner who will complete the second half then mail it back.  I chose the theme Language of Flowers. For each page I have a photo of a flower, its scientific name and its meaning.   I should have it completed by the weekend and will post photos of it then.

What are you creating these days?  Perhaps what you create is not on paper but rather in the kitchen using spices and produce, filling your home with savory, mouthwatering smells.  Or perhaps you create with fresh flowers or wood and nails.  Whatever it is that you create, please take a moment a share your recent creation. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been so productive! And congrats on the new job! Love your ATCs & the journals too...very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you job! LOVE all your ATCs and your sentence a day journal is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The journal was fun and simple to put together. I hope my assigned partner likes it (she lives in Finland). Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. LOVE your cutie patootie mug!! It will be great for Monday Mugshots! :) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you've so many projects at the same time and love every one of them. I especially love that butterfly ATC's. Congrats on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

      Delete
    2. BTW, have one of the butterfly ATC's left if you would like it. If so, simply email me your address.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new job! What a whirlwind! And what a huge amount of projects. How do you fit them all in and make them all look so good??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was doing great keeping up until I went back to work! It is actually relaxing to work on ATC's and my journals. I just blogged about regaining my focus. Thank you again for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.