Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mug Musings: A time to contemplate the week


Take a Walk Series - January

Taking advantage of the day off from work, I took my photo walk in the Nature Preserve.  It was snowing so I used my cell phone rather than worrying about getting the Canon wet..  It was early enough where I didn't run into anyone else and the paths were snow covered.











Planning

In order to get focused on what I need to accomplish I decided to join the planner craze.  Last year I tried the Happy Planner which was a dismal failure.  The narrow layout simply did not work for me and I felt I had to use all those pretty stickers to create Instagram worthy photos.
After some research I purchased the kitlife planner  in mid December.  Mistakenly, I ordered the weekly edition when what I wanted was the daily edition.  I completed one week and immediately knew this was not going to work for me.  I know myself enough to know that if it's not working I won't use it.

This morning I somehow fell into the YouTube rabbit hole and stumbled upon Amanda's Favorites, a channel about reviewing planners.  While some of them looked good, none of them had what I needed.  I settled on The Organized Life Planner printed version. I am hoping it arrives sooner than the estimated 2 weeks delivery time.  More to come on this planner misadventure.
What planner, if any. are you using for 2018?


Reading

I have stuck with my resolve to stay off Pinterest at night and get other things done.  Astonishingly, I have already read 4 books this month and am halfway through AWOL on the Appalachian Trail.  I still have no recollection as to how I stumbled upon this book as it is not something I would ordinarily pick up.  Again, my guardian angels are at work behind the scenes motivating me as one of my focus areas is to get healthier and walking is one of the ways I jotted down to accomplish this.

Art

Finding it hard to stay focused as I continue to find inspiring projects that I would like to create.  Working on getting the Autumn art journal completed.  Cover almost done with finishing touches that need to be done.

I started a collage art journal to use the vast assortment of magazine clipping I have accumulated and a way to wind down at night.  I noticed that I am able to slow down my thoughts while cutting and gluing so I plan to make this part of my evening routine.


Started first painting with the book Release Your Creativity.  It is slow going waiting for each layer to dry.
To learn how to create and bind a junk journal I purchased this Junk Journal Kit and Video Workshop.  I dyed some of the paper and am in the process of gessoing others. 


Are you taking time at the end of each week to contemplate where you are in relation to where you are heading?  Do you have a word for 2018? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.