Friday, August 18, 2017

Get up. Get Dressed. Paint.: Where did THIS come from?

During my morning reading ritual I came across this: “What am I needing right now for my heart and soul?  What am I neglecting?”  Perfect questions for my Listen to Your Heart journal.

Sometimes the best way to get started is to simply lay down some paint.

I was enjoying the process of grabbing various colors of paint and intuitively putting them down, adding layers of painted deli paper, adding more paint then I paused long enough to see this:

Wow!  Where did THIS come from?

Looking at the spread with new eyes the next morning I admitted it was too busy, there was nowhere for the eyes to land. I gessoed over the parts where certain colors met and looked muddy.

Looking through my scrapbook papers I spied this quote which reminded me of my weekly challenge, smiling more.




After adding some foil transfers, purple flower, and gold pen markings and I pronounced it complete.




What are you needing right now for your heart and soul?  What am you neglecting?  Need to make some simple (and not overwhelming) changes to boost your happiness?  Join me and we can embark on THIS challenge* together.  Week 4 begins Sunday.

Rejoining Paint Party Friday, what color paint is on your fingers?

* I am not associated with Amazon nor the author of this book.  I do not earn advertising fees from either.  I am taking on this challenge as I need to find a better way of dealing with the stressors from my daily teaching job.

11 comments:

  1. Love your bold, bright and beautiful journal pages. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors you used. Great backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your vibrant colors and the different textures. So much fun! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An imaginative colorful work with the thext!!!
    Wonderful page!
    Happy Weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. yout bright and colorful sure do make me smile. Love it! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making me smile!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. indeed (✿◠‿◠)

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true...beautiful colours too!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, great work. I have never created a scrapbook of journal. Not sure I would be able to. I´ll be happy to smile with you. Colors on my fingers? Sorry my colors are digital and not visible on my fingers. :) I´t a pitty sometimes as I don´t get the same feelings as you probably do about creating. Re the Fox. I don´t have a shop and no prints to send. Sorry. I tried to sell a couple of years ago but it did not work. It´s too little money on it. But I am very pleased to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you call the 'busy' one b/c there is so much to see and feel. I appreciate your attitude about life. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.