Friday, June 5, 2015

Get up. Get Dressed. Paint.


Before the first rays of sun touched the morning sky, with coffee mug in hand I began my weekly painting practice with Rae Missigman’s  15 MINUTES OF MIXED MEDIA©.



This Page and I, well, we weren't on the same page.  I just couldn't seem to get everything to come together.  My yellow wasn't the right tint, the spacing was off on the flowers, I left too much space in the upper left corner (did this last week).
I let it sit for a couple of days and I couldn't stand it, I had to fill in those spaces with something!

What I learned:

Ø  I need to keep an eye on my spacing.  I am noticing that I often have large spaces left which I then feel I must do something with.

Ø  Using a heavy body acrylic paint does make a big difference on the page.  I purchased a tube of Liquitex titanium white and used it for the first time this week.


Other painting projects:


I created my first mixed media canvases.

I want to add a quote to the bottom left corner of this one but not sure as to how to go about it.  Any suggestions as to what method or medium to use?

You can see the process HERE at my monthly link party, Stop Pinning & Make Something!  How many pins have you actually made from your Pinterest boards?  Join in on the fun by creating one of your pins and sharing your results HERE.


Paint Party Friday

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvases...I love them...have your tried using gesso under some of the colours or with them...I find it helps with yellow!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors. And think critiquing your page is such a smart way to go. I know, heavy body white acrylic is the best of the best, and I can't wait to see how you finish off that page, so please post it when you are done. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces ~ *and* lessons-learned! That's just one of the things I love about the creative process ~ the constant learning. And beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work here! I think that any space you would have on a page such as the top one -it would be a perfect spot for some journaling, or a poem or quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your canvases and journal page. I tend to print out a quote and then glue it down, line by line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful Diane and your canvases are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the way you make time to do this every week, its a lovely bright page, love the mixed media piece you have done as well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pages and canvases! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.