Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday

I spent some time creating postcards for a few RAK's for the Paper Collage group at Swap-bot.  The idea is to send some artsy mail to those in the group simply to make their day.  I collaged a 12 x 12  piece of scrapbook paper, cut used file folders in 4x6 pieces, glued them onto the scrapbook paper then cut into PC's.  On my desk you can see the bird stamp I used to stamp the front of each one.  They still need something just not sure what before sending them off.

I missed working in my planner for the DLP so I decided to get back into it. Still trying to figure out how to use all the spaces.  It will come.

Do any of you doodle?  My drawing skills are... well... I can't even draw stick figures right!  I had a 50% off coupon for Joann's Fabric so when I saw the book I thought I could start doodling in my DLP planner.
Rolo - Rainbow of colors: Blue 
I created this mixed media rolo.  I strayed a bit from my usual style; more ephemera and less fabric and paint.  A little more funky...

Have any of you heard of Pocket Letters?  It seems to be the new craze.  I did some surfing research into them and discovered  many how-to's on YouTube.  I found out about them when I received an invite to a Pocket Letters group on Facebook.  I thought I might try one.  I am thinking they could be a lot of work, especially for a perfectionist such as myself.  If you have experience in creating these or know of a fellow blogger who has, I would appreciate any information you could share.

While my desk isn't creatively messy this week, I appreciate you stopping by to snoop  look.

Sharing our creative, and often messy, work spaces with What’s on Your Workdesk? Wednesday, where snooping is not only allowed but encouraged.

9 comments:

  1. You've got some interesting projects on your desk this week, but oh my, I adore that Riot of Blue piece. That's just gorgeous...I could love with that quite happily, lol!!
    Hugs, LLJ 24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blue rolo! The blue color study and details are fascinating. I've never done pocket letters, but they sound like fun. Have fun doodling your butterflies and happy WOYWW! #53

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think the rolodex card art is brilliant! This one is gorgeous. I bought a rolodex punch, so that I can turn some of my scrap paper into rolodex cards. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #46

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent ideas here. Loving the blue

    Happy WOYWW
    Thx for sharing
    Pat #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what a rolodex card is but yours looks lovely. I love that color blue.
    How are you getting on with your doodling? Is it a fun book?
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting desk this week. My understanding of a pocket letter is that you fill the pockets of an ATC sleeve with whatever will go in them not necessarily ATCs, can be other bits and pieces and then swap this with someone. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 42

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that glorious blue riot of colour, it's stunning. I doodle all the time on anything that's lying around, much to my hubbies annoyance. I rarely show them to anyone outside of home though. Doodling is a great relaxer. Don't know what those pocket things are, have fun trying them out.
    Have a great week,
    Von #69

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your postcards and that looks like so much fun to do! I often make cards for people, but the postcards actually look much more fun to do and less involved. Think I might have to try that out ! Your desk looks like mine does! Love having my own little work space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing pocket letters for about 6 weeks. I find small spaces harder to work on, but since you enjoy doing the Rolodex cards and ATC's, I think you will enjoy making them. You simply use a sleeve for baseball cards, one that holds 3 across and 3 down. You decorate each square and tuck in goodies, like Washi tape, stickers, punched or die cut pieces, a tea bag, etc. .. And you include a letter to the person you are sending it to. There is a FB group where you can meet others to exchange and they have swaps with themes. I have the page of the gal who started them and the FB group if you are interested in either, let me know! I love your work and appreciate you sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.