Friday, February 21, 2014
Unusual finds in the Literate Bookstore
Last week for my birthday the hubby and I drove to Ann Arbor to see the Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Conservatory. Call me a geek but when I visit a city I like to stop in at the local bookstores, especially the independent ones. After driving around several blocks to find the place then searching for an available parking spot, we finally were able to walk into Literati ; a quaint but obviously college town type bookstore. Most of the titles were not the run-of-the-mill Top Ten Bestsellers you normally see. I recognized very few of the books, most of which had curious and eccentric titles.
Here are some of my finds:
1. Remember Pat the Bunny? Here is a very different take on that book. Who comes up with this stuff????
2. This one caught my attention simply because I taught botany for 6 years. Good thing I didn’t know about this book back then!
3. I believe most of us wished we could erase a time or event in our life. For me it was the 80’s, big glasses, big frizzy hair, shoulder pads…. Can we please just pretend the 80’s never happened?
4. I'm thinking I want to know where he is working at now so I make sure I don’t eat there.
5. Who comes up with these titles?
All was not lost. I did find these 3 which looked more like my type of book. I have to confess; I’m a sucker for a cute kitty so if there’s one on the cover chances are I will pick it up and look at it.
What makes you pick up a book; the picture, the title, or the color of the cover?
Someone wrote about finding a green Yankee candle not that long ago. When I happened by a Yankee Candle shop, I remembered reading about their find and went in to check it out for myself. Problem was I couldn’t remember the name of the scent, only that it was green. No problem as they were having a sale! After smelling every green candle in the place, I purchased these plus two others that smelled intoxicating. So whoever you are, I thank you for sharing your find!