Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday

Allistair basking in the early morning sunlight as it spreads across my desk.  I am working on rolos for  a swap, the make up round for the Through the Alphabet.  I got the butterfly papers out as i was in the planning stages for a butterfly rolo. In the bottom left corner you can see a gelli print I created (go HERE to see my first adventurous stab at them).  "Why 2 coffee mugs?", you ask, I forgot to take the one mug downstairs with me when I went to the kitchen.  I was simply too lazy to run back up to grab it.  You can see my scrap basket in the back is over flowing, time to clean it out, although I hate discarding perfectly good scraps!   The bottle of glue (2) is a recent find.  The paper glue (3) I was using continued to clog and I found myself spending more time unclogging it than getting things glued so I went on a search for a replacement.

1.  My favorite go-to glue, will adhere to EVERYTHING!  Another plus is I can buy it just about anywhere.
2.  New glue I am testing.  Thus far it flows well, no clogging but can purchase at only one store thus far.
3.  Loved this paper glue and used for all my paper gluing.  Lately it starting constantly clogging, perhaps the formula was changed.  Out of pure frustrations I had to stop using it!
4.  I use these craft sticks only because I can buy them just about anywhere.  I would like to try the UHU glue sticks but they are not available except online.
5.  This is just an expensive white glue the wrinkles the paper as it dries.  Used it once then promptly put it in the giveaway pile!

I know many of you use the adhesive tape runners  because they work so well with card making.  I use them occasionally, mainly when I use transparent paper.

Swapping

Rolos Through the Alphabet, letters P, R, & T:








Butterfly rolos: 




Garden Glimpse

Here is a glimpse of the pond and pergola in our backyard at dusk.  I thought you would enjoy a peek at my other "desk".   The gardens in the yard are a full time job.  Will give you a tour another time.  

Joining up with What’s on Your Workdesk? Wednesday where desk snooping is not only allowed but all part of the fun!  Won’t you join us!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, happy WOYWW. Allister sure knows the best spot to take a rest...and they just like to be close. I checked out your gelliplate prints...wow they're fabulous - excellent work for your 'first'. Lovely rollo tags too. Have a super week Cheers RobynO#22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful desk- I spent sometime watching that video too - Am thinking of getrting a geliplate ( just a small one to start with ) Your garden looks magical - have a great week x Soojay 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,smiled at Alistair on your desk- cats always find the sunny spots, don't they? Gorgeous colours in all your pieces.Love the garden photo, as Sue says, looks magical. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all searching for the perfect glue, I think... your rolos are fab and your yard looks the same. hope you share it in daylight sometime soon! Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty sure looks happy. Yes I hope you find the perfect glue soon because I need to know what it is. Peg 53

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh. I feel like SUCH a fool. I kept reading "rolos" and kept thinking about the candy. I couldn't for the life of me imagine how you were going to wrap a butterfly around those round candies. Then I saw your ROLOS and laughed. Yours are simply stunning. I love them all.

    I have so many different glues and adhesives it isn't funny. I've never used an ATG and only used a tape runner once. It was WAY too expensive for me, because I used it completely on about 20 pages of an AB I was making for a friend.

    Your garden is fantastic. I would LOVE to have something that awesome. My herb garden and yard take up much of my time, so that's why I'm so late visiting this week. Happy belated WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane, thanks for the visit. I got quite confused there as I knew I had visited you this week then realised It was Friday's post. Love all your butterflies. I have been looking for some new glue myself. I bought one an it completely ruined one card I was making which did not please me at all as you can imagine.
    Hope you are having a nice weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tags/rolos, especially the peacock feather - what a gorgeous stamp that is. As for glue I use Golden matte gel medium for absolutely everything - it's fab! I occasionally use Gorilla glue if I need something ultra strong, but that's quite rare. Thanks so much for the visit - sorry I'm late replying - we had a rare few sunny days and you have to make the most of them when they come along!! Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #26

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best thing to have on a craft desk! A pussy cat to cuddle!!! Thanks for popping by my blog this week ... was lovely having you visit and thank you so much for your kind comments about my work. Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.