Friday, August 7, 2015

Get up. Get Dressed. Paint.

No paints were used this week while practicing with Rae Missigman’s 15 MINUTES OF MIXED MEDIA©What? No paint???? Nope!  For this page she had challenged herself to use only 13 items to create her journal page which included the scissors and glue stick. 

Her page started out with strips of paper glued to the page then gessoed.  I used thick card stock which I discovered made scribbling on the page difficult. 
 
Using a paint marker with a rubber stamp
I did have to improvise with some of the items.  I do not have solid paint sticks or a brown stabilo marks all.  I used these paint markers:


The orange paint marker wouldn’t cooperate, it either wouldn’t flow or when I pushed it in it dropped a large glob of paint.  This always seems to happen when I use them which makes me avoid them.  Perhaps I need to try working with them more and get used to them.  I noticed she uses them often in her journals.



What I learned:

Ø  Paint markers can be used with stamps (just remember to turn off the ceiling fan.  The breeze dries the paint fast!)
Ø  Even “bad’ gelli prints have a use ( go HERE to understand).  
Ø  I am getting more comfortable with my scribbling but still have a ways to go.



What is your experience with paint markers?  Do you use them?  Or do they give you such grief you avoid them like I have?


Joining Paint Party Friday where having paint under the fingernails is the norm.  What colors are under yours?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing what you accomplished with just scissors and glue stick. Very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful page and I love seeing your process too! Love the handwriting as well. Its a well balanced double page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.