Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday

Have you ever stopped and taken in the scene at your desk and said, “Hey, this is a mess!  I gotta take a picture of this for WOYWW?”  This is what happened Sunday.

Of course, there are times when my creativity is impeded by those who would rather I give them my full attention. 
"No, you don't want to sew.  You just think you want to when in actuality you want to love on me!"
"Don't mind me, I'm just going to groom here for a while."
"Okay, I'm ready for a nap"
I have this sign tacked to my bulletin board:
*sigh... 

What I have been working on



I feel in love with this book back in November.  I simply love Nicole Rae’s style of art journaling.  But it is her style and I’m trying to find my own.  So I quite working in my altered book because  I felt I was simply mimicking her.  I had an aha moment Saturday while painting with Rae Missgman because I’m doing just that I am recreating her 15 Minutes of Mixed Media (Get up. Get dressed. Paint).   Is this how we find our own style, by mimicking those we like until our own style takes over?
  

 This is the layout I was creating on Sunday.

My question to you is, how did you come to find your own style of creating?  Please take a moment to share your journey.  I truly would love to know.


Joining up with What’s on Your Workdesk? Wednesday where desk snooping is not only allowed but all part of the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Well, the pic of your upside down black cat made me laugh out loud!! Don't they always have to be in the centre of attention, lol?! I'm loving your work recently...especially your canvasses. The green one with the feather sand lace is particularly lovely.
    Btw, your link on WOYWW today (10th June) goes back to an older post, so you may find comments on there instead :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 17 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just pleased that dogs are not able to jump on stuff like cats or I would never get anything done Lol! Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela xXx 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane! You wanted to exchange ATCs with me. My partner just had an operation so I was out of action - a bit busy but it is now done so I am returning to the crafty world - if you send me your address to my email I will send it off asap! My email is dolores.kerec@gmail.com
    Have a lovely day - enjoyed a look on your blog - lovely stuff you make
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still experimenting, trying new mediums and styles. I'm slowly developing my, own style - but need the safety and expertise from others still. Love your spread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2015/06/feline-art-friday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have to be the center of attention don't they! I do love the both of them so much they must be such a joy and a nuisance to have around. My Orange man Ditto does this to me but Yoda always get the most time. Love the art journaling too, I have not found my style I just keep making random pages as I love splashing ink around with stencils.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.