Friday, May 22, 2015

Get up. Get dressed. Paint.

This week I attempted creating a 15 MINUTES OF MIXED MEDIA© of my own.


I started by getting out everything I thought I would need.

           Paint: Pink Dahlia, Caribbean, Kiwi, Coral Reef, Yellow, Deep Periwinkle, white, black
           I wanted to use one color that was outside of my usual colors: deep periwinkle. 
           Tissue paper remnants
           Pencil
           Stabilo – white & black
          Stencils
          Gellyroll pens: white & black

The reality of it all


The carnage 
  • In my eagerness to get started I forgot to paint the entire background in before adding the design.  This proved difficult on the left page’s edge where I painted the pink edging.
  • I did not get out the yellow and found myself wanting to use it.
  • Forgot to get out the paint markers
  • Did not think to get out stamps and ink
  • I ended up using stencils other than what I set out  
Total time: 20: 41
I am happy with the page.  I can see a lot of her style in my work and for now that's okay.  I am painting.  I am practicing.  As I progress I will come to find my own style.
Paint Party Friday

11 comments:

  1. Good work. I love it when things just evolve differently as planned, and I think that's the way it's meant to be! Nice to meet you, and have fun at PPF, lots of nice people to visit! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pages it's sometimes fun when the creative process takes charge of us! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES - painting and practicing. YES YES YES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal spread. To just go with the flow is a great way to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that the whole purpose of artjournaling? Just letting go of any pre-conceived ideas and let the page lead you. Great work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great spread and lovely warm colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice spread. I love how people time themselves and see what they can make. I have never done that before. You did a lot in that short amount of time. Journal pages take me forever as I work in little pieces, many pages at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful spread and in 20 minutes, wow! It's so fun and colorful. I do the same thing on my art table when I start a project and pull out a couple things and end up using a quarter of my art table to create as the rest of the table is full of all the stuff I REALLY needed. Thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely journal spread and working quickly can be such an inspired motivator ~ it certainly worked well for you! And, oh yeah, less *is* more, and keepin' things simple is a valuable practice ~ in art journaling *and* in life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Diane, love the colours and the images. Did you get my email re. the woyww swap? You asked if I would like to swap with you but you haven't sent me your address. If you are still interested email me at: angelajr59@gmail.com
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. My favorite thing is when the experience takes me on an unexpected path.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.