Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mugshot Monday and Glue it Tuesday

Mugshot.


This week’s prompt is emotionWhat are you feeling right now?
I blogged here about the need to regain my focus.  I feel as though I got too caught up in linking and creating for swaps and was not staying true to my mission; finding my life’s purpose.  Creating is fun but I wasn’t creating for myself.  I have a long list of art journals and altered books I want to create but I allowed my attention to get diverted away from them by creating ATC’s and journals for others.   
My feeling right now is I must regain my focus and stay true to my own journey. 

Glue it Tuesday











There was lots of gluing going on for this project!  I joined a swap that involved creating a themed journal.  We were to fill half of the journal then send it to our partner who would complete the other half and mail it back.  I decided on The Language of Flowers inspired by the book by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.  The story spoke to me in a way I just can’t explain and while I was reading it I kept returning to the thought that I had to make a journal on the meaning of flowers.  Ideally, I would have preferred using dried, pressed flowers but time did not allow for it as I had 4 weeks to complete my half of the journal so I went with photos from my garden. 
This is my first journal of this kind and I learned one thing about myself as I went along; I prefer consistency.  I started out writing the names of the flowers in my own handwriting then began using a stencil.  I wish I would have thought to start with the stencil and used it for each flower.  For the background I varied between Dylusions ink spray, tissue paper, and scrapbook paper and for uniformity I wish I had just stuck to one of them.  Where I lacked a photo I used a seed packet or photo from an antique book which I think made the journal interesting.




I have 6 pages yet to complete but I put it aside after learning the swap was cancelled (a whole other story).  I will finish it as I hate unfinished projects hanging around.  I am thinking about adding Gerber daisy, tulip, orchid, and carnation.  That leaves me two flowers short.  Do you have any suggestions as to what I might use?  Do you have a special connection to a flower or a memory of one that makes for an interesting story?  I would love for you to share it with me. 


Note:  I put a slideshow of the journal in its entirety on the right.  Please feel free to view it and give me some feedback as to what I might do differently.

Linking to Monday Mugshots and Glue it Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I love the simplicity of your emotions page, and with the back story you shared, the "blank" page with just the words written on it makes it even more cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I worried my word didn't qualify as an emotion yet it describers exactly how I have been feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a journal swap|! Love your pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.