Saturday, March 4, 2017

Get up. Get dressed. Paint.: The Beginning.

Creating hearts on watercolor paper
Beginnings are difficult.  Many artists find  it easier to begin a new art journal by skiping the first several pages. There's something about that first blank page staring up at you that makes beginning arduous. As soon as I made the decision to begin this journal I knew what the first page would look like.

The background behind the Listen to My Heart journal

My heart had been speaking to me for over a year and with the dawn of a new year I was finally listening.
You see, Spirit knows how to get my attention.  Heart images seemed to be popping up everywhere.  It took awhile for me to recognize that Spirit was sending me a message, "Listen to your heart".  When I finally took notice I'm sure Spirit breathed a sigh of relief.  By the time I purchased the journal this Pinterest board I created was full of heart images:

This ATC created by Christy Houser at creatingwiththegirls  was the image I seemed drawn to the most and would be the inspiration for the first page:

I cut the heart out from watercolor paper and glued it onto the painted background.

Adding splatters of pearlescent fluid acrylic ink in Genesis Green
 Creating a postcard at the same time:

Are you putting off beginning something?  Or did you start something with the new year but find it has already fallen to the wayside? Leave a comment and let me know so we can encourage each other on our journeys.

Creating in my Listen to My Heart Art Journal using dylusions 8" x 8" creative journal while working on my painting and layering techniques.

2 comments:

  1. I am drawn to hearts as well. The colours are just gorgeous as are your pieces! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too gorgeous, love it. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.