Thursday, February 4, 2016

WOYWW: Card making deligh!

I wanted to create a card for a photography swap and that's how this delightful, painty mess came to be.  I am still wrestling with how to incorporate my photographs with my passion for mixed media.    Last week I stumbled on SuZe Creations via Pinterest.  Inspiring!  While I usually do not incorporate many flowers in my work I looked at her cards as a springboard to get me started.  Many of you may recognize the photograph of the flower from the tag swap.  I had a couple extra left decided to use it for her card.

On my desk is the bin of Distress paints which they have outgrown. These are by far my favorite paints to use.  Admittedly, I do not follow the directions well in using them.  You are to "dab unto surface, do not drag tip."  But that's how I use them the most.  Bright colored flowers, textured trims, my favorite trim, Offray, in olive green,a torn tea bag, my go-to Mixed Media Glue, and UHU stic.  Pure delight!

Pandora decided I needed assistance and plopped down center stage making it difficult to get the envelope done. I am working my way into mail art, creating envies that are more colorful and fun to find in the mailbox.

The card



Adding a touch of pearl metallic paint to each flower petal

Using the olive green Offray to offset the straight line of the photo

A tough of metallic gel pen to the cutout words

A peak at the envie; painted with a touch of glitter glue and an embossed stamp.
I enjoyed the creative process but still struggle with how to deal with the straight edges of the photograph without it looking like I'm trying to cover them up.  A work in progress.

Joining up with What’s onYour Workdesk? Wednesday where desk snooping is not only allowed but all part of the fun!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Diane, for your sweet shout-out to my blog: suzeqcreations.blogspot.com!!!!!!! I appreciate you. I'm so glad to be an inspiration to you. Rarely do I ever create a card without being smothered in flowers. I love them and when I use one, it's got playmates because I can't stop at only one!

    I love the photograph of your flower that took center stage on this card. It's like looking at the flower itself.

    Oh - and mail art ... LOVE. Never does an envelope leave my house without being all dressed up for the trip. It's the little things ...

    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely things there are to look at on your desk. Beautiful flowers, Pandora made me smile :-) Sorry I'm late the internet played up last night. Anne x #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower photo is lovely. I tend to cut mine out and use them that way. Love your card and desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card - I love the layout and I think you've dealt with the edges perfectly. Looks like you had loads of help from Pandora! Thanks so much for dropping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty flower card! I'd like to learn more about how to incorporate photos too, so I'll check out your link. Cats are so funny! Oreo likes to plop himself right in the middle of things as well. My son was doing his homework last night and he sat right on it. Pandora looks rather pleased with herself, LOL. Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love taking photos and I never thought to incorporate them into my card making or art. I usually just think about scrapbooking them. I'll have to check out the link.

    Love that your cat is sitting on your desk. I think mine is too old and lazy to get up that high though he surprised me the other week jumping (sneaking) over somewhere he shouldn't have been. Think he's been fooling us all into thinking he can't jump very high anymore. Lol

    Sharon k #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled at the cat lying on top of everything. That's just so typical!
    I didn't really know what mail art was. Is that an envelope you decorated? Whatever it is, it is exquisite! Very beautiful!
    Thanks for your visit,
    Have a smiley week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I smiled at the cat lying on top of everything. That's just so typical!
    I didn't really know what mail art was. Is that an envelope you decorated? Whatever it is, it is exquisite! Very beautiful!
    Thanks for your visit,
    Have a smiley week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.