Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Stop Pinning and Make Something! December monthly link party

How many pins have you actually made from your Pinterest boards?  Our boards are full of inspirational ideas and projects we want to make "someday".   It’s time to Stop Pinning and Make Something!  a monthly link party to get people creating those pins on their Pinterest boards! 
Goal:
To get people creating!  Get out those paint brushes, that saw & sander, open the varnish, unpack your knitting needles or crochet hook!  Let’s make one of those pins sitting idle on your Pinterest boards. It can be as small as learning a new technique for creating ATC's to as big as making a garden shed!  Your pins are your limit.


Project: Cardboard Crush Art Journal: An Art to the 5th Workshop
 Pin:  HERE

When I first watched the video for this course I knew I HAD to take it!  I paid for it but the summer somehow flew by and before I knew it, school started and my life got full of lesson plans, parent meetings and grading stacks of papers. 
This month, before the holiday rush got started I wanted to get this class completed.  I watched the videos, gathered the supplies and got started. 
Because this is a purchased class, I cannot share measurements or specifics.  I am not advertising for the class either.  This was a pin I stumbled on and thought it would be fun to do, which is was!   I have plans to make more, one involving using all those Christmas cards I get in the mail.

Journal Cover



I have cut the cover, scored the folds, and gessoed it.  Yes, there is a paw print.  One of my “helpers” added his take on the project. 

Tore strips of paper and used Decou-Page to glue them down on the outside of the cover.I allowed it to dry several hours before painting it.  


I wanted the cover to be bright and colorful so I chose a favorite stencil,  Dylusions ink sprays and let loose.  
The carnage.


I painted over the ink spray with Dylusions paint then doodled with my Sakura Gelly Roll Moonlight pens.
After it all dried i decided to paint over some of the flowers with this iridescent medium I found.  

 This jar cover was sitting in my stash waiting for the perfect project.  I decided to use it as a closure for the the journal.  After I glued it on, I painted some of the iridescent medium on the flower.


Inside cover

Book pocket
 Inside cover painted and pocket sewn in.

Journaling book slid into the pocket

The sewn bits of paper

I went through my stash and pulled out cards and bits of paper that I had saved to create the bundles of that would be sewn on the left inside cover. 



























Finished project

Inside journal

 Pen hanging from Sari ribbon and sewn in tab

 Front cover

back cover


It's Your Turn!
Grab the button, start creating and share your link below.

Please use the direct URL to your blog post rather than to the blog itself.
If using Flickr or Instagram, use the URL to the photo.
Be sure to recognize and give credit to the originator.
Include the link to your Pinterest board and pin you created.

Remember to link back to THIS direct URL  in your posting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.