Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stop Pinning & Make Something! July Link Party



How many pins have you actually made from your Pinterest boards?  Our boards are full of inspirational ideas and projects we want to make "some day".   It’s time to Stop Pinning and Make Something!!
Goal:
To get people creating!  Get out those paint brushes, that saw & sander, open the varnish, unpack your knitting needles or crochet hook!  Let’s make one of those pins sitting idle on your Pinterest boards. It can be as small as learning a new technique for creating ATC's to as big as making a garden shed!  Your pins are your limit.

I am sharing 3 of the pins I created for this month’s party.

Project 1: Sun Prints

Board: Paper Fun
Pin:  HERE
 I stumbled across THIS post on Rae Missigman’s blog creating sun prints with stencils.  I remembered I had purchased this box at Barnes & Noble several years ago and just never got around to making the prints.  The idea of using stencils instead of flowers intrigued me.

I was wary of the results as this had been sitting around for several years (5+) but in her post she admitted that hers was at least 6 years old so I went for it.
 
Setting it out in the sun

The directions on the box suggested adding several drops of lemon in the water to stop the chemical change in the paper.



Some came out darker than others. I'm sure this is due to how long the paper sat around.
Ideas: use chipboard letters and spell out words; perhaps your One Little Word for 2015 or your name, the possibilities are limitless!
I would do this again but using fresh paper.  I found several on Amazon:  HERE, HERE, HERE, & HERE.

Project 2: Detox Water for Flat Belly, Craving Control & Cleansing

Pin: HERE
Sadly, I do not drink enough water.   When I came across THIS  post I thought drinking naturally flavored water might give me incentive to drink more. And better yet, make it a habit.

I know myself well enough to know drinking 8 ounces every hour was not going to work.  If I am in the middle of something I will not stop to get a drink.  Instead after every trip to the restroom, I went into the kitchen and poured a glass of one of these waters.  The more I had to go, the more I drank which of course made me have to go more.  This plan will work while at home but not at work.  But I also remember reading somewhere that as your body becomes accustomed to having more water the need to go decreases.


Craving Control Detox Water

Daily Cleansing Detox Water
I preferred the taste of the daily cleansing water as I was not fond of the cinnamon in the craving control water. But I drank them both and made refills.
Note: The recipe advises refilling them 3 times then replacing the fruit and veggies to optimize the benefits.  

Project 3:  Mixed Media on a paper bag

Pin: HERE
When I came across this work by Ewa Mrozowska  at cynkowepoletko.blogspot.ie I was spell bound by her use of textures and colors.  Creating art on a brown paper bag intrigued me so much that I had to recreate it. 



Process: Use Adirondack Alcohol Ink through a stencil onto torn watercolor paper.  Push modeling paste through a stencil, allow to dry.  Glue water color paper to brown paper sack.  Restamp with Adirondack Alcohol Ink then stamp images using white acrylic paint and StazOn ink.   Glue down butterflies and photo, add deco tape, stamp again with StazOn ink.  Add Distress paint in weathered wood and picket fence.

It's Your Turn!

Grab the button, start creating and share your link below.

  •  Please use the direct URL to your blog post rather than to the blog itself.
  • If using Flickr or Instagram, use the URL to the photo.
  • Be sure to recognize and give credit to the originator.
  • Include the link to your Pinterest board and pin you created.

Remember to link back to this direct URL at afocusedjourney.blogspot.com in your posting.
*July’s link party closes on the 31st at 11:55 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.