Friday, September 5, 2014

Having Faith that I will find myself...soon


I feel as though I have lost myself this week.  Time to create, to play, to be... now replaced with a constant barrage of things that have to get done.  Every waking moment consumed with teaching.  I wake up from sleep and my mind immediately starts racing, remembering what I didn’t get done yesterday along with today’s to-do list.  So much to do… my own time spent juggling all the paper that piles up during the day …so much paper, all needing attention… NOW!  The whole day consumed leaving no time to create, read, breathe….
Faith…I look to it knowing I will get past all this, that a rhythm to my day will come.  Yet I know time to create will be limited, often nonexistent.   


This week I found this Red Luna hibiscus trying to hide in the garden.  It's bright red plate-sized blooms gave it away. Still not sure how it arrived in that particular spot, hidden behind a dwarf sumac that decided to grow beyond dwarf.


Sharing my small joys and finds with Kim Klassen’s Friday Finds and Friday Photo Journal

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful post, Diane. And your hibiscus is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much respect and admiration for teachers - and school has been such a positive experience for my sons - so please accept my heartfelt appreciation for all you do. I'm sorry that the work load is so great and I do hope you will continue to find and photograph the beauty - even during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a beautiful hibiscus to photograph. Finding a new rhythm can be difficult sometimes... hang in there and it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so overwhelming at first. Hopefully things settle in quickly and go as good as they can go for you. Love those really big Hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane I hope it will soon even out for you. Deep breaths my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somethings the 'need to do' are overwhelming ~ yet transitions take a bit of time as I am sure you know ~ things will settle down and you will back in touch with YOU again ~ Gorgeous photography ~ now there is a magical piece of YOU! ~ Happy Weekend to you!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing hibiscus. Lovely photograph. I sympathise with how you feel, Diane. It's so difficult to carve out some time to do what you want when you have so many demands on your time. And there must be so much to do at the beginning of the school year. I hope it all settles down into a more comfortable rhythm for you really soon. All the best for a nice, relaxing weekend, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Diane
    I've been thinking of you a lot this week as everyone heads back to school.
    Sending a huge huge huger than huge wave of support for you as you wade in to another school year.

    You are a beautiful, creative, soul and I'm so glad to have "met" you, online.
    Wishing you moments of beauty each day and moments of peace as well.

    go easy ~p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.