Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Glue it Tuesday

I stumbled upon this blog featuring Glue it Tuesday’s while on Pinterest.  It got me wondering about gluebooks or glue journals so I did some investigating and decided I wanted to make one.  I had the perfect place to start looking for photos, in an box of old National Geographic’s that I planned to use with citraSolv.  I clipped out only the photos that inspired or captivated me.  It wasn't long before I had a stack ready to glue.

Inspiring photos week 6/25
The second week I finished going through the box of National Geographic’s and found these photos (except the U of M key card from my house key).

week 7/2
Yesterday I sat down with these two magazines which I discovered in the international section in Barnes & Nobles. 

My intention was to follow through with my previous method and select only those photos that inspired me. Instead, I found my attention drawn to the words in the titles and photo descriptions.   The two words that gave me the idea for this page were HUNGER (left) and Own Way (center).  I did have to raid my stash of clippings to fill in the page. 
WORDS week 7/6
 I like the ease of a creating a page for my gluebook.  It is more therapeutic and lacks the intensity art journaling pages sometimes take on.  This week I found myself having to make myself stop gluing; “put down that glue stick!”.  I was having so much fun I would have overfilled the page.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.